Commercial and Corporate Law
From the establishment of the Firm, it has been involved in commercial and corporate law matters including:
- The negotiation, drafting and review of corporate, commercial and business law contracts in respect of listed and private companies, partnerships, close corporations, trusts and various public entities such as NGO’s, Governmental Agencies, Municipalities and Provincial Government
- Providing general legal opinions and advice in respect of a variety of commercial and corporate transactions ranging from the different legal structures to be used, the financing thereof and the drafting of all required legal documents and instruments including the registration of companies, close corporations, trusts and the establishment of other legal entities such as partnerships and private associations
- Recovery of outstanding debt to commercial banks, with particular reference to Nedcor, First Rand Bank and ABN Amro
- Damages claims in the High Court relating to companies listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- Various applications and interdicts relating to the enforcement of restraints of trade in respect of unlisted companies
- Restructuring of private companies
- Mergers and acquisitions of large private companies
- Corporate arbitrations and mediations
- We act on behalf of many different Municipalities throughout the country. Many of these Municipalities entail general administrative and constitutional law as well as labour professional services. We do however often also attend to commercial work on behalf of different Municipalities in particular relating to Municipal Infrastructure Grant (MIG) Funded Projects and DWAF Funded Projects. In the commercial sphere we also frequently advise Municipalities in respect of a variety of commercial agreements ranging from public private partnerships, land and property acquisitions, service delivery agreements and general commercial agreements to Municipal Finance Management Act compliant tender procedures.
The Firm has since its establishment been involved in the drafting and the interpretation of a variety of commercial agreements across the entire spectrum of corporate law.